Top Ten Things You Should Know About Dr. Christina Leung.
- Dr. Leung received her Doctor of Medicine in 2006 from McMaster University in Hamilton.
- Dr. Leung completed her Ophthalmology residency at Queen’s University in Kingston to become a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada.
- In 2013, Dr. Leung completed a fellowship in Vitreoretinal Surgery at University of Toronto.
- Dr. Leung practiced at Windsor Regional Hospital where she served as an Adjunct Professor at the Schulich School of Medicine in Windsor, ON before relocating to the Simcoe region.
- In addition to the Barrie Lasik Centre, Dr. Leung has established ophthalmology practices in both Barrie and Orillia.
- Dr. Leung has volunteered her time and knowledge of eye surgery with various organizations around the world including: the University of West Indies in Jamaica and with ORBIS in Syria.
- Dr. Leung has contributed to clinical research in the field of ophthalmology and continues to participate in the peer-review of medical literature within her sub-specialty of vitreoretinal diseases
- Dr. Leung is a member in good standing of the Canadian Ophthalmologic Society and the Canadian Retina Society
- Dr. Leung is fluent in both English and Cantonese.
- Dr. Leung is known for her honest and gentle approach with patients.