Newsat Barrie Lasik Centre
Oct 13, 2022
- We are excited to announce the official launch of Windsor Surgical Centre which took place last week in Windsor, Ontario on World Sight Day. This new state-of-the-art facility is in partnership with Windsor Regional Hospital and will allow for increased access to cataract surgeries and operations to repair retinal detachments plus frees up hospital resources. Dr. Barry Emara, Medical Director at our Burlington centre is the lead ophthalmologist and co-owner of Windsor Surgical Centre with Dr. Fouad Tayfour, the hospital’s chief of ophthalmology and ophthalmologist here at Barrie Lasik Centre & Windsor Laser Eye Institute.
- You can read all about this this exciting new surgical centre here .
Oct 5, 2022
- We honour, support and remember the life of Will Samuels and his legacy. Barrie Lasik Centre (BLC) is donating $1000 to The Camp Adventureland Run for the Cure which supports
patient care at RVH and the RVH Simcoe Muskoka Regional Cancer Centre, where Will received care.
Will Samuels was married to Mary, a long time employee here at BLC. His legacy lives on with her, their children, and in the community. We are proud to support this wonderful cause in his memory.
"Long-Term LASIK Outcomes in Myopia Beat Out Rival SMILE Procedure — Results point to effectiveness of LASIK in more challenging cases, researcher says." Read the study here:
- In the News: LASIK VS. SMILE At Barrie Lasik Centre we continue to choose LASIK as the procedure of choice for laser vision correction and we would like to highlight a recent study that compares these procedures. In summary:
- Feb. 9th Exciting things are happening at our surgical centres. This is the new Tecnis Toric II IOL and we are the first in Canada to implant it. The Tecnis Toric II has an advanced design to increase stability in the eye offering patients optimal outcomes.